Sunday, January 31, 2010

Trashed by Ice

Igor, Kite, Ice


The cold didn't get me today, at least not in the way I expected.

I got a few runs on Igor's new board, Glide by ABoards. I love this board for light winds! It planed thru the lulls like Frank's Door 64.

Trashed by the ice- I was self launching off a beach anchor when a line got caught on a chunk of ice. The kite went straight up, spiraled, then crashed hard into the dunes & beach grass. It created a 1" tear in the canopy and a slow leak in the main bladder. This made for a dissapointing end to my session. I took a few runs on my landboard so I could finish on a happier note.

Happier Note- Igor was hitting it today! He got his first real runs. I saw 1 long one in particular. Nice progress on a frigid Winter day!


Bottom Picture- my hot tub for toes.


Chapin, Kitesurfed, NW, 8-20, 12 M Kite/ Glide 154 x 48, With Igor, 29 F Temp, Sunny.

Landboarded, 3.6 foil kite, NW, W, 9-15.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Oh, but the skating was so great yesterday! There were over 100 people out on Spy Pond in Arlington. It looked like a postcard.

scooper said...

Scott- It sounds a lot more sane than hooking some beach ice and trashing a kite.