Friday, May 18, 2012

Dear Island

This was the first weekday afternoon in 2 weeks that I could even think about taking a few seconds off from work to fly a kite, and it was windy in Boston!  I couldn't believe it.

Deer Island Waste Water Treatment PlantI guess no one else could either 'cause I had Yirrell Beach to myself, just me and the Deer Island Waste treatment facility.  Hey, there's nothing wrong with kiting in the shadow of Boston's biggest sewage plant.  The water tastes fine. I drank plenty of it on my botched 720 attempts.  There were no solids floating around that I could detect.


Besides, don't they say that a little E. coli exposure makes the immune system stronger? Look at Crazy Paul.  He lives and kites in Winthrop and he's as healthy as any crazy person I know. And I know a lot of crazy people.  Probably anyone reading this blog for instance. (Sorry mom, not referring to you).

Yirrell Beach, Kitesurfed, ESE, 11-21, 14M Rally/ FLX 138, Solo.
Picture- Deer Island Egg Carton, image from the web.

0 comments: