Sunday, May 24, 2009

Wind Gumbo

What luck! I stumbled upon an oasis of wind in what was shaping up to be a 3 day weekend of still air and glassy water. I got some solid planing conditions, some marginal planing conditions, some non-planing freestyle conditions, and trainer kite conditions, all mixed together like a gumbo. It wasn't pretty, or particularly impressive, but it turned out to be very satisfying.


Mostly what made it special was the 2 hours before and after low tide. The inside at W Dennis was all buttery smooth knee to waist deep water. Conditions like that are just plain fun. There is no other way to say it. I seemed to have been at the beach for about 8 hours, not sure just how that happened. Tomorrow I will enjoy resting my creaky muscles while watching Ben play in 2 little league games. It will be a perfect rest day.

Photo- The winds up!, unknown guys.

West Dennis, Windsurfed, Trainer Kited, SW, WSW, W, 5-25, 6.2/ Carve 123 & Realwind 85

2 comments:

Juan Piantino said...

Hey Steve - I just got a spot on my face removed, and I have a few stitches, that's why I was out of the water this weekend... Tomorrow I'll get the stitches removed, and this weekend I'm back... and I want to loop ;)

See you!

j

scooper said...

Sorry to hear about the stitches. I'll be at Ninigret for a Petra Kanz clinic and family windsurfing this weekend. It sounds like the wind will probably be better on the Cape so I won't expect to see you hot shots in R.I. Good loop luck!