Sunday, September 7, 2008

HARDINGS BEACH, windsurfed, NW, WNW, 20-35 then 15-25, solo, 4.2 then 5.7/RW 94

Hannah's wind- I left the house at 5:00 am to get an early morning session before the wind tanked at 11:00. It wasn't the wavesailing I had hoped to get, with the tail end of tropical storm Hannah going thru, but I can't complain about the wind. Maybe I did get a little spoiled in PEI.

Harding's notes- NW was slightly side off, wind was a little gusty, not too bad, sailing was straight into the chop, good for jumping for the first hour. I found a sandbar with small waves way out in the bay, upwind and east of a tall bouy, (white and green with a ball on top). I couldn't believe I could stand in waist deep water way out there, (mid-tide). Too bad that the wind was dropping then. I had just discovered the sandbar when I had to head back. It seemed like Chatham held the wind longer than most sites, as IWindsurf predicted.

Josh's new horizon- We got Josh off to his new school in New Hampshire this afternoon. This marks a new chapter in our family life. The school seemed very nice, warm & friendly, beautiful farm country. I hope that Josh is happy there.

0 comments: