Saturday, March 26, 2011

Snap, Crackle, Pop

One sound you never want to hear when kiting is a pop. It always means something bad. Either you snapped a line to your kite or you broke a body part. In this case it was my depower rope. I knew right away what it was because the pop was accompanied by the amusing sight of my depower system flapping in the wind up above my head instead of being attached to my bar where it should have been. Kite handling characteristics change when you're flying off the safety line! Not for the better. But I made it back without breaking any body parts and thanked the kite deities that this misadventure had happened at the end of a good day of kiting, not at the beginning. Maybe I'm not on their deserves-a-kick-in-the-butt list after all.


Mayflower, Kitesurfed, NW, 10-25, 12M Varial/Flx 136, with Igor, Frank, Sam, Colleen, Andre, Brad, Kevin, Gregor, Robert, Amine, others.

2 comments:

Dunoyer said...

guess we broke a lot of shit that day. There's an ad for deals on new mako's on iktesurf - we could get a discount if we order together.. a possible option...

Dunoyer said...

Ad number 62916