Saturday, December 19, 2009

Seasons Greetings from the Chapin Beach Tree Stump

I stopped to say hi to the Chapin tree stump. She seemed to be in good cheer, probably from drinking all those Bud Lights. Yeah, they were empty. I checked.



This was one of those days when the temp dropped dramatically as I drove S to the Cape. It was 28 when I left the house and 36 when I arrived at the beach. I think the cold temps back home kept the Boston crew away. I had the beach to myself.

I kited during the mid tide, waist deep water and lots of beach, very nice. It was good to know that if I lost my board or the conditions changed I could just walk it back in. 10-20 MPH was enough to have fun with my 12M kite, plenty of power in the gusts, had to pump the kite in the lulls. ENE wind was dead sideshore and pretty gusty.

Chapin, Kitesurfed, ENE, 10-20, 12M Royal Kite/ 152 Ply Board, Air 36 F, Solo.

0 comments: