Saturday, December 26, 2009

Kiting- Learning Curve Illusions

My faithful steeds await in the parking lot snow pile


I didn't do my usual crash and burns today. I don't know what's going on. Could it be that after 6 months of face plants I'm starting to figure this kiting stuff out a tiny bit? Nah, it was probably just because the wind was light, (no whitecaps at all).

Learning Curve Illusions- I had to sine the kite pretty hard to stay on plane but it was still fun because I felt like I was learning a lot. This is the best time in my learning curve. I have the illusion that I improve every time I go.

Nelson St- Nice spot for kiting in shallow water for 2 or 3 hours on each side of high tide, very safe!

Strapless Surfboard Riding (Realwind 85)- Crazy, crazy, crazy. I tried a few runs, got up once for a few seconds. How does anyone waterstart without footstraps?!

Nelson St/ Plymouth, Kitesurfed, E, 10-15?, 12 M Royal Era/ 152 Ply Board, Temp 41, Solo.

0 comments: