Sunday, April 26, 2009

Scratching the Itch with a Landboard


Nahant, landboard heaven

Beautiful conditions for landboarding at Nahant, low tide, onshore wind, no crowds. As the sun went down, the wet beach glistened and reflected the colored lights from the nearby city, very nice. I boarded until well after sunset, derigged in the parking lot lights.
Best Moments- Racing along the waters edge, carving upwind and down, into the edge of the water and back out, like I was carving up and down a wave face.
Worst Moments- Washing all that fine Nahant sand off of the equipment later.

Nahant Notes- don't park in the gated section late in the day. They'll happily tow any vehicles before they lock the gates. Park on either end, outside of the gates.

Nahant, Landboarded, NE 10-20, 4.2 & 6.2/ Landboard, with 1 kiter.

2 comments:

PeconicPuffin said...

In a moment of exhaustion I read "landlord heaven" as the caption...then I scrolled up looking for tales of sharks patrolling the windsurfing waters, and wondering why the heck can't you sail somewhere else?

I'm glad to hear it's landBoard heaven!

scooper said...

landlord heaven. I love it! It's more interesting than the caption I came up. I guess you're exausted from all that lazing around in the OBX.