Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Moth to the Light

My back is returning from the land of the dead. I feel like I'm coming back to the light. Like a moth rediscovering the beauty of the front porch light bulb. I'm so happy.

I was out of work for a week. I took steroids, muscle relaxant, doc visits, physical therapy, but now I'm feeling about 75% back to where I was before my back went dead, one month ago.

I talk to my back. I asked it what it needs to get back to 100%. It said windsurfing. So I did a short session at Kalmus, shallow water, steady wind, no breaking waves, perfect sail size. I think it will fix me right up.

I couldn't resist a few hops (don't forget the moth analogy)

Kalmus notes- It was great to see the crew at Kalmus! The season has changed in the last month. The cold is no longer a factor. I didn't even wear my hood. The wind at Kalmus was particularly steady, 8 to 12 MPH spread. I'll never doubt Kalmus winds in WSW again. W is a different story. After I stopped it went W and had a 20+ spread.

Normal gravity doesn't apply to Chris


Kalmus, Windsurfed, WSW 25-35, 30-40, RealWind85/ 4.2, with Gerry, Olivier, Scott, Chris, Sergey, others.

Thanks for the pictures Olivier!

0 comments: