Thursday, April 9, 2009

Message in a Bottle

This is the real thing! Found on Saturday, April 4, while windsurfing at Kalmus. Olivier found it and suggested that I put it online so that everyone in the world would see it.

Message from the sea


Olivier and I both got a kick out of this! It was like a gift from the sea. Ben, (my 12 year old), is going to help me write a note on the back, reseal it, and deliver it back to the wind and waves of Kalmus.

To Katie & friends. If you're wondering why the bottle didn't travel further, maybe it came back to Kalmus because it was trying to return to you. It did travel through time- ten months. The lobster seems very happy. I think he likes traveling by bottle. He's wondering where he'll go next.

3 comments:

PeconicPuffin said...

That is cute.

I'm glad your back is coming back, so to speak. One thing I've learned not to do to help mine is to not carry my board and rig on my head. That classic wavesailing carry has left me hurting, so I do the "backwards walk" with board to one side and sail to the other. Not as cool looking, but my back likes it.

scooper said...

I'm always a little nervous about doing the head carry but your the first to say that it actually hurt your back. That's all the justification I need for crossing it off my to-get-better-at list. Thanks for the tip.

PeconicPuffin said...

Yeah, the first time I tweaked myself doing this I thought "maybe if I'm more careful" I certainly think the head carry looks a lot cooler than carrying the stuff low! But the second time I irritated my spine I said "no more". And it's made a difference.