Monday, April 16, 2007

Ninigret, Windsurfed, E, 10-40’s plus, Chris, others, 5.2/Acid 94, 3.5/RealWind85

Strong Nor’easter; 44 temp, rain all day, winds were a little gusty. I had 1 hour on the 5.2, then 4 hours on the 3.5. I couldn’t wear my glasses due to the rain. I think that might have been a problem in waves or if I needed to see to come back to the exact same spot on the beach but Ninigret is pretty user friendly. Sometimes the rain was stinging my eyes but mostly it wasn’t that heavy. Everyone else left after the wind picked up, except Chris. We sailed all afternoon. Neither one of us wanted to stop. It was way too much fun.
Little Gear; I loved being out on my smallest board and rig! It’s so easy to flip the sail around. I was making some planing duck jibes, lots of jumps. It’s nice to finally have the RealWind back from repairs.
Tips; For full planing jibes- try flipping the sail a little earlier. Be aware of how much wind I’m spilling by oversheeting.
On small chop hops- don’t forget to bend my legs and lift my board up under my butt.
Duck jibes- don’t forget to move my hand back on the boom, carve and flip early.
Note; IWindsurf meter notes say readings are low in east winds and that the actual wind is probably somewhere between Ninigret and Beavertail. Ninigret graph was maxed out at 35, Beavertail was blowing over 50.

0 comments: