Saturday, March 31, 2007

Duxbury, Windsurfed, NNE, NE, 10-18, Solo, 6.8/Carve 123

Light winds in the salt meadows; Sunny, low forties. The wind dropped off just before I got there. I planed occasionally. It was still nice though. It was serene sailing through the salt marsh north of the bridge, just me and the seagulls. A few times I got up on plane just downwind of a grass island, in super flat water, and noticed that the board makes a different sound when it’s skimming across many tiny ripples instead of chop, a rat-a-tat kind of sound. The high tide was almost covering some of the grass islands so they weren’t blocking the wind very much. I parked on the beach side. When the wind went NE it was a little offshore. I had to work my way upwind for a few runs to get back at the end. I was out for about 2 hours, stopping on the islands occasionally to warm my hands.
Portable Breast; I used my camelback/ safety kit for the first time- with water, line and tool, no cell phone or strobe. I noticed, as I was drinking from the camelback, that the mouthpiece works like a perfect, artificial nipple. I wonder if its inventor was thinking portable breast. At least you don’t have to do anything to make the water let down.

0 comments: