Saturday, September 21, 2013

A Horse with no Waves

Who said Horseneck is good in SE? Somebody said Horseneck is good in SE. Not so good today. Sure, the wind is there, but no waves. This spot is all about the waves.The waves are AWOL.

So I go exploring. I start at the state beach, go upwind to Gooseberry Island, get as far as the trailer park before Gooseberry blocks the wind too much.

I downwind it, riding the imaginary waves all the way to the other end of Horseneck, and cross the channel to the beaches on the other side. I've always wanted to check these beaches out! Lots of rocks. Some really big rocks. It's picturesque. I stop to take a picture then do a few runs among the rocks. In the fading golden sunset light, I can't see below the surface at all. Is this smart? I go slow.


I work my way back upwind to the state beach, and bring it in as twilight pulls it's thin veiled curtain across the sky. It was good. Horseneck is good in SE. Didn't somebody say that? It's just not good for waves.

Horseneck, Kitesurfed, SSE, 17-25, 10M Rally/Mako150, Solo.

0 comments: