Saturday, May 18, 2013

In the Company of Rocks

It's windy. Hah! They didn't forecast this.

Where to kite? Revere? Where all my friends are? Or Deer Island, where the wind is 5MPH stronger but I'm often on my own.

Hard choice. I go with the solo session. Wind trumps everything else.

In the end, I'm glad my friends aren't here. They don't get to see me bobbing around like a discarded cork when the wind dies and strands me over at The Five Sisters. The only ones who get to snicker at my floundering are a few dog walkers and 1 little boy who runs down to the water's edge to inform me that my kite is really big.

The long walk back across the fist size stones makes my plantar fasciitis thrive. All in all, a great day. Not expecting any wind makes any lame session seem like a fabulous adventure.

Yirrell Beach, Kitesurfed, ESE, 12-22, 14M Rally/ Mako King, Solo.

1 comments:

Kitermike said...

Love following your post! You inspire us all!