Saturday, November 17, 2012

Power of Suggestion

Sunrise
I tell Brad that I'm planning on being at Chapin around 8:00 AM. He says he's going to be there around 6:00. What?! That's way too early for me. I want to get a good night sleep.

The last thing I think of when I'm drifting off to sleep is how early I would have to get up if I wanted to get there at 6:00. But I don't want to get there at 6:00. I want a good night sleep.

My internal alarm clock goes off at 4:00. I try to get back to sleep. I look at the clock. I tell myself sleep... sleep...  Thoughts of kiting start to creep in. Sleep... sleep... I finally give in to the inevitable, roll out of bed with a thud, crawl downstairs, get in the truck and drive to Chapin.

I'm there at 6:00. The parking lot is empty. Brad stayed local. Good. I was worried it would be too crowded.

I get a beautiful sunrise session in Chapin's kiddies pools on my kite, then a sunset session on my new inflatable stand-up-paddle board at Nantasket on the way home. These days are getting way too short. I'm glad I got up early! Many thanks to Brad.

Sunset



Nantasket, SUP'ed, 2' to 3' waves, Solo.

Chapin, Kitesurfed, 12-25, NE, 14M Rally/ Flx138, with Frank, Andre, Colleen, Kristof, Chriz, Kitermike, Igor, Ivan, Alex, Others. 

Chapin meter- seems to read low in NE by about 3 to 5 MPH.

0 comments: