Saturday, June 4, 2011

Wake Up and Smell the Wind

Chapin Morning

I got to the beach at 7:15 because the forecast was for light, fading wind. The wind blew all day. I left the beach at 5:15. It killed me to leave when it was still windy but I had been on the water for about 6 to 7 hours. It was either waste some wind, or waste myself.

Glorious Chapin- The early morning, low tide session was as beautiful as it gets, water was deep turqiouse, silver sunbeams reflecting off the rippled surface. I worked my way as far to the left as I could go, towards the point of Sandy Neck, and played in the maze of sandbars and small waves. After a couple of hours I threaded the channels back to Chapin to meet Frank. He made the 1/2 mile trek across the main bar to join me. We had the miles of sandbars and coastline to ourselves until the rest of the world woke up and smelled the wind.

Chapin, Kitesurfed, NE, ENE, 8-26, 13M Octane/ 6' Strapless Surfboard, Mako 134, & Mako King, with Frank, Robert, Gregor, Johnny D, others.

0 comments: