Sunday, May 15, 2016

Windsurfing Wimp

I got back on a windsurfer today. I know! Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.

I thought it would make me feel young. Like bringing back old times. Or not.

Windy Hardings
Overpowered on my smallest sail and board, 3.5 meters/85 liters. Didn't I used to use this rig up to 50 MPH? I was young then, I think. I hit a few jumps, a few jibes but I'm nearly shaking with exertion after just 4 or 5 runs. I rest, do a few more runs, then I smarten up, pump my 6 meter kite.

A windsurfer and a kitesurfer stop to have a leisurely chat
Being overpowered on a windsurfer, exhausting. Being overpowered on a kite, not so exhausting, dangerous.

Luckily I'm not overpowered on my 6m kite today. I still kite cautiously with all that air and water moving around me so quickly. Hey, at least I got to rig a sail and a kite in the same day.

Windsurfed, Kitesurfed, WNW 25-40 MPH, with Windsurfer Jay, others, Kiters Chuck, Liam, others.

0 comments: