Saturday, December 24, 2011

Wishing You a Kiting Kristmas

The beach was crowded at Mayflower

Kitesurfing to celebrate the day before Xmas is an ancient ritual going back thousands of years. I kited today to keep the tradition alive for the heritage of future generations. I was just doing my duty.

New Old Skimmy- This home made piece of scrap actually works! I can't believe it. I tried this board when I first made it. It seemed all wrong, didn't go upwind, didn't go thru lulls, didn't waterstart, didn't jump. But that was a year and a half ago so I decided to pull it out again to see if it has changed. Has it! The board has really improved. I skimmmed up the Chapin pond until the water got down to the depth of my big toe. It still can't jump but it did everything else well. Good board. If I ignore it for a few more years, maybe it'll learn strapless back rolls.

2 sessions- Mayflower morning, Chapin afternoon.

Mayflower, Kitesurfed, NE, 10-25, Mako150 & King/10m Rally, solo.
Chapin, Kitesurfed, NE, 10-25, Flx136 & Skimboard/10m Rally, Mike.

0 comments: