Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mixed Salad at Nahant

Cutting the Rug at Nahant- John Coelho

Nahant had small, smooth, beautiful waves and good wind. The beach was a mixed salad of windsurfers, kitesurfers, surfers, SUP, and kids making sand castles but everyone had smiles on their faces. I was planning on windsurfing with some of the ol' crowd but one guy came in with a 7.5 sail, big board, massive fin, and said that my 6.2 and wave board weren't going to be good for anything, so I kited.

Offshore Wind- Pretty good wind quality in SSW. It was just a tiny bit offshore, felt pretty safe. Then it went SW. That felt much more offshore. On some runs I was traveling almost parallel to the beach. It made me nervous so I just did short runs and tried not to think.

Nahant, Kitesurfed, SSW, SW, 10-20, 13M Octane/ Mako King, with Paul, Skipper, others.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The "unknown" windsurfer seems to be James Douglass (http://jimbodouglass.blogspot.com).

James Douglass said...

Good guess, but it's actually another sailor (John Coelho) borrowing my gear. I have more hair.