Saturday, August 18, 2007

Lake Quanapowitt, Windsurfed, NW, 0-32, AMCer's, 5.2/Acid94

Lake sailing; Massive holes and gusts, dramatic wind shifts, and a water surface that can be dead flat one run and jumpable chop the next, good ol' lake sailing. This was an AMC day trip to West Dennis that we changed to Lake Q due to the forecast for light NW winds. The NW part was right. I was surprised to get a lot of chop-hopping in for such a small body of water. One minute I would get some jumps on starboard, then there would be a wind shift, and the jumps would be on port. It felt soo goood to plane again after the recent drought of weekend wind. My arms really cramped up after about 2 to 3 hours of sailing, not sure why. Maybe from the jumping. I may be pulling myself up too much with my arms to try to get higher. I always prefer to think that any body part failure is technique related rather than age related. Picture- unknown sailors lining up at Lake Q.

0 comments: