Sunday, October 29, 2017

Lake W

Since kiting is prohibited for me for another month, I'm boating and exploring places where no sensible human would normally go to kite.

 

Lake Winnipesaukee- Boated Alton Bay to Stonedam Island for a little island hiking in Fall foliage. It's crowded up here! I thought people went to New Hampshire to get away from it all. Stonedam Island is the only island I can find in the lake that isn't privately owned and lined with boathouses and docks. I'll have to go back to Boston or The Cape to have a little elbow room. 

 

 

 

 

36 miles, 3 to 3.5 gallons gas, cruising around 20 to 24 MPH, no wind.  

 

I have a new prop on my outboard. The old one was attracted to sandbars. My max speed is back up to 26MPH, 5800 RPM. If I trim it out just right, no wind, no current, I can just hit 27 MPH. The boat feels a little skittish at about 25 MPH and up.

0 comments: