Saturday, April 29, 2017

The Fog of Kiting

Fog. Nothing good is happening at Hardings.

I drive to Chatham light where the fog is a little thinner. The flag on the South Beach Flotsam Shack is stiff! The meter still says 5 mph. Yeah, somebody's lying.

Flotsam Shack


I walk out to the New Cut and  have a fine12 meter session in the mist. I'm overpowered. I'm underpowered. I kite to the Old New Cut and Stage Harbor. I'm lost in the fog. Some of the fog is lost in me. This is good. Fog goes into my brain, worries go out.

New Cut, High Tide, Small Pool in the Marsh






The New Cut has a tiny pool at high tide and some waves at the opening. It's a little Gusty in SW from the wind coming across Stage Island. It might be fun in a S to NE wind.

Waves at New Cut Opening, Side Off Wind
Chatham New Cut, Kitesurfed, SW, 12-28, 12M Rally/Flx 138, Solo.

Where else have I been kiting this Spring? Few times at Chapin, Nahant, Horseneck. I had an afterwork session at Dog with Andre. He's getting about 50% of his slide transitions. Yay!

0 comments: