Sunday, June 16, 2013

Twilight is for Kiting

Another pretty good kiting session. Lightish winds. When the sun touches the horizon, I pull the camera out to get a few shots of the die hards in the gathering twilight. It's a beautiful, almost Summer evening. Warm breeze. Soft, golden, light fading to blue.











9:00 PM- One brave die hard stays out until the only light left is from the half moon and streetlights. It looks like fun until his kite drops out and he has a long swim. Damn! Must be creepy to self rescue in the dark. I drive my truck around the bay and keep my headlights on him until I see him touch ground. This is what happens when there's no parking lot attendant to kick us out. Nature kicks us out.





Pleasure Bay, Kitesurfed, SSW, S, 10-22, 14M Rally/Flx138, with Kristof, Johhny H, Peter, Others.

Click on pics for full size.

Top pic- Peter
Mid pic- Johhny H
Bottom pic- ?

0 comments: