Sunday, August 5, 2012

First there were Three

Three kiters in happy land.  Brad, Jay, and me.  We're so excited to be exploring a new kite spot, Saquish, at the tip of the Duxbury peninsula.  We look like drunks on whiskey mountain.

Jay is the first one out, hitting his big jumps, loops, and rolls. His harness rides up on a crash, tenderizing his rib cage.  He's the first one in.


Brad and I set off down wind for 1 1/2 miles, then back, then up wind.  We go around the point towards Dux harbor.

Brad is hitting his smooth 1 handed back roll transitions.  His kite rips in half on a crash.  Right down the middle. He has a 1/2 mile walk back.

Now there's just me.  Hitting my tiny little jumps and rolls. What the?  This day is jinxed.  I'm afraid to do anything.  Either my body will fail or my kite will fail. Or both. I head in.

Three kiters in happy land.  We had our adventure.  It wasn't quite the one we had planned. Started as three, ended as one.  That's kitesurfing.

Saquish- A gated community.  You need to be a homeowner or guest to drive in.

Saquish/ Plymouth, Kitesurfed, S, SSW, 15-30, 10M Rally/Mako 150 & Flx 138, with Jay, Brad.

Picture- Jay putting on a show.

4 comments:

Kitermike said...

Great adventure Steve!

Kitermike said...

Great adventure Steve! Like to see more of these!

scooper said...

Hey thanks Mike! I live for these adventures. Let me know if you want to do a downwinder or go exploring a new spot.

Dunoyer said...

Saquish, what a great name for an island.