Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sleepless at First Encounter

Some would say that it takes a special kind of lunatic to get up at 5:00 in the AM to go kiting when the forecast is for light winds dropping to nothing, but my bones said it was going to be windy and my bones never lie. Besides it can be fun rolling out of bed, driving to the beach, waking up and wondering how you got there.

My bones didn't have much to say during the drive though. There wasn't a breath of wind stirring the tree tops. I thought, what happened to my pillow? And how come I seem to be driving my truck somewhere?

Imagine my surprise when I woke up at the beach and discovered that there was some wind. Awright! I was too tired to kite but it was great looking at the nice whitecaps as I drifted back off to sleep in my truck.

First Encounter, Kitesurfed, 10-20, N, 17M Zephyr/6' Caution Surfboard strapless, Solo.

0 comments: