Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sunrise, Sunset

Sunrise- Only a mad cow could love a morning like this. I got a quick sunrise session in at Mayflower and made it back for a fantastic breakfast with the AMC crew at the Lighthouse Inn. I knew the wind was light but I was surprised to check the meter later and find it was a steady 6-12 when I was out. This is a new low for me.

Sunset- This is the 30th anniversary trip and celebration for the AMC windsurfing group. After dinner, Jan ran a fun slide show from some of the first AMC trips, Lake Tarlton & Pt Judith, circa 1986. Those were the trips where Barbara and I met. It's hard to believe that we were ever that young and that the equipment was ever that primitive- floppy triangle sails with no battens, tie on booms that were longer than a bus, boards that were so big they required a group of people to lift off the roof rack and carry to the water. But the pics of Barbara and me in our youth really pulled my heartstrings. Those were the good ol' days!

Windy wishes to all who have been involved with the AMC group over the years and special thanks to leaders and shakers! Petra, we will miss you up here.

Mayflower, Kitesurfed, NE, 6-12, 15 M Flysurfer/Mad Cow, Solo.

Picture- Ben and Barbara dress up our cottage at the Lighthouse Inn.

0 comments: