Saturday, May 29, 2010

Kite Eating Tree

I had my first encounter with a kite eating tree. I hope it's my last! The lines looked good but weren't, kite wouldn't launch, bounced downwind twice and landed in a gnarly, washed up skeleton of a tree and stump, shredding 1 section of my kite. It was the only obstacle on that entire stretch of salt marsh. My kite was drawn to it like a guilty soul to the devil. Frank and Jamie helped me tape the wounded kite, straighten out my line problem, and get out on the water before I imploded from frustration. It's sooo much better kiting with friends!

Waq Bay- was very gusty. It was still fun but I was kiting pretty conservatively. It's hard to push my limits when the wind is jumping from 10 to 30 to 10. sometimes the gusts were so quick that the gust/lull I saw on the water was different from the conditions up at the kite.

Mem Day Traffic- I left the house at 12:00, had no traffic. Frank left his place at 8:00, also no traffic. Sometimes the world isn't as it seems. It's better.

Waq Bay, Kitesurfed, SW, 10-30?, 10M Bularoo/132 Ply Board, Frank, Jamie, Sammi, Andre, Coleen, Rob, Robert, Wo-Jo, others

Picture- Robert was the last man out.

0 comments: