Saturday, January 19, 2008

Deep Hole, Windsurfed, W, 12-24, solo, 6.2/Acid 94, 35 air temp. 43 water temp.

Flirting with the skunks- This was my first time battling the skunks this year. I won. Big time. Deep Hole offered up a perfect sideshore wind with leftover swell coming in sets, and high tide too.

The wind was a little up and down, (perfect except for that), but it didn't matter. In the lulls I still had enough wind to troll out and look for a wave to ride. I just had to wait for a break in the sets going out.

In the gusts it was fantastic! I got lots of down the line rides. It's so much easier than in onshore conditions. I'm sure it wasn't pretty but it was fun. A few whoops of joy just seemed to burst out of my lips, couldn't hold it in.

According to IWindsurf, Pt. Judith was the only place in Mass & R.I. that got wind today so I guess I sold my soul to the right deity.


Picture- Deep Hole waves with the Block Island ferry in the background.

0 comments: